With this cold winter weather upon us, we decided to head to the tropics with this week’s version of Stay Fly Friday. We hope you dig this Caribbean-inspired crab pattern and crab cocktail on this cold winter weekend.
- Hook: Daiichi 2546 size 2
- Thread: Veevus 140D Brown
- Legs: Vernille Earthworm Color
- Eyes: Medium Tungsten Dumbbell Eye & Mono Eyes
- Claws: Grizzly Tips
- Stinger: Senyo Intruder Wire, Ahrex HR482 Hook
- Rear Station: Senyo’s Chromatic Brush – White Sparkle, Rhea – White
- Body: Mini Flat Fly Braid, Uni Wire – BR/Gun Metal Blue, Rhea – White
- Front Station: Senyo’s Chromatic Brush – White Sparkle, Rhea – White, Craft Fur Brush – White
Pearlescent, Krystal Flash – Blue, Lady Amhurst, Guinea
The Crab Claw cocktail is derived from a punch recipe of the same name. Change the measurements from ounces to cups if you prefer to mix up a post flats session pitcher. Be advised that this is one adult beverage that will sneak up on you because you won’t taste any of the three liquors called for in the recipe.
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Rum
- 1 oz Tequila
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 2 0z Orange Juice
- 1 oz Grenadine
Put all the ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Crusha Crab garnish optional.